Beards have been a part of the male identity since the dawn of time. Throughout history growing and taking care of a beard is often seen as a symbol of manliness and strength. This dates back to the ancient Greeks and Vikings. The manliest of men would take great care of their beards and even add oil before battle. In recent years there has been growing noise that beard care is somehow not manly. However, what many don’t realize is that taking care of your beard is not only manly, but also a good thing to do for many different reasons. Here’s why:
- It’s hygienic. Beards can be a great place for bacteria and other germs to hide. No different than your head hair or any other part of your body. Regularly washing and grooming your beard can help keep these germs at bay, protecting your skin and keeping your beard clean and healthy.
- It makes you look better. It’s no secret that a beard can make a man look more attractive. Taking care of your beard helps you maintain a neat and tidy appearance that can make you look more confident and attractive. This shows purposefulness and intentionality. Those are very strong signals to send.
- It’s a sign of respect. Taking care of your beard shows that you respect yourself and those around you. It’s a sign that you’re taking the time to make yourself look presentable, which is always appreciated.
- It’s a reminder of your culture. Growing and taking care of a beard is a part of many cultures. Whether you’re Native American, Celtic, Hispanic, or any other culture, taking care of your beard can be a reminder of your heritage and a way to show pride in your culture.
- You can smell amazing. When you take care of your beard with proper beard care products, many offer wonderful scents. Copper John’s beard products have scents that are fresh like nature, arousing like cologne, and calming like your fondest memory.
- Beard care is self care. You will find when you take pride in taking care of your beard, it can be almost therapeutic. At the very least it is relaxing and calming. You will develop your routine and master the art of your own style. This will translate to confidence and leave you wanting to pay closer attention to all aspects of your self care.
In short, taking care of your beard is not only manly, but it’s also a good thing to do. Men have been taking care of their beards with oils, butters, combs, brushes and much for tens of thousands of years. Be proud of your hygiene, style, and personal wellbeing. So the next time you’re looking to spruce up your look, don’t forget to take care of your beard!